Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ahh, the money to be made in the internet world...

I am the son of an entrepreneur. My father instilled in my at an early age the importance of being your own boss as the gateway to financial freedom. I always kept this in mind as it was paramount to my unhappiness in working at dead end jobs. College never ultimately made sense to me as being anything more as a vessel to make money to put towards my own business. I'm not even 30 yet I have created several business ventures from employment consulting to promotions. Some were more successful than others but the possibilities of success far outweighed my fear of failure.

I recently had an epiphany that the BIG money is on the internet AND I needed to get in on it. I used to feel that the internet was for geeks with a ton of computer science experience. I never knew how to code so I thought the internet just wasn't for me. That, or I needed to go to school and learn how to code(which would take years).

I read a great book called, "The Millionaire Fastlane" by MJ Demarco that inspired me to take action. I stumbled upon oDesk to outsource what I didn't know about coding elsewhere and begin the process on changing my life. The first step was this blog. If I could write about my business passions and (hopefully) make money from it then that would be the seed money to fund my long term internet business.

Working on the internet is immensely empowering. You are rewarded for the work that you put in and with that hard work (and dedication) you will see results. I strongly suggest for anyone that's working a crappy job, or don't see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel, pursue your dreams via the internet. If it's a business that you think can work with a brick and mortal, fine tune it to work via the internet instead.

I look forward to going on this journey with you. Tell me what you think in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment